Trader Joe’s customers have spoken: meatless meats beat the real thing.
The popular chain just released the results of its 8th Annual Customer Choice Awards, and vegan meat alternative dominated in the “Favorite Meat(less)” category.
Customers who voted could choose between any “meat” products the store sells, animal or plant-based. Soy chorizo and meatless meatballs took home the top two spots. Actual meat products came in third, fourth, and fifth.
Trader Joe’s is known for its myriad of vegan options, which include ice creams, “meats,” candies, mayo, cheese — even marshmallows.
The company also posts its own vegan dietary list, complete with the following quote:
Sir Andrew: “I am a great eater of beef and I believe that does harm to my wit.”
Sir Toby: “No question.”
— William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, Act I, Scene III.
When vegan meats beat out the animal kind, the world is clearly changing!
- I have never seen vegan mayo at TJ’s.
- South Africa is slowly catching up, but nothing of this magnitude yet…. Wish we could move quicker!!
- TJ has Miyoko’s vegan cultured butter now. Better than butter from cow’s milk, imo.
- I also happen to think the chicken less tender are the best of any that I have ever had!
- It’s a newer product, but they have it! I’d ask your store manager to see if it’s in stock (or will be) at your location. 🙂
- I snagged TJ’s mayo a couple of weeks ago and it’s awesome! Very creamy!