While known primarily for its popular non-dairy cheese products, Daiya is full of surprises. The brand recently launched a line of critically acclaimed cheesecakes, several flavors of cheesy mac, and now, an assortment of Greek-style yogurt.
The new items are scheduled to hit select store shelves later this month. The dairy-free yogurt comes in four flavors, blueberry, peach, strawberry and black cherry, and each serving offers eight grams of protein. They’re also gluten-free and soy-free, and made with ingredients including coconut cream and pea protein.
The company also offers a line of cream cheese-style spreads, multiple varieties of vegan cheeses (both shredded, sliced and in blocks) and six pizzas (one of which uses Beyond Meat as a topping).
Initially, the dairy-free yogurt will be available at King Soopers, Sprouts, Earth Fare, Natural Grocers and various independent retailers, the company tells Latest Vegan News.
Start looking for them in late July of 2015!
What people say on this:
- Do we know for sure this will be vegan? I only ask because Silk’s “dairy free” yogurt isn’t???
- The pea protein makes it a no go in out house as we have a nut/legume allergy as well as dairy and egg. 🙁 and we love many other Daiya products.
- I refuse to buy any products from Silk or So Delicious since they are both owned by Whitewave….a huge dairy!! I am looking forward to trying this yogurt!
- Does anyone have the nutritional facts for the daiya greek yogurt? I have been looking for a non dairy yogurt that still has a decent amount of protein. The silk yogurt and the coconut milk yogurts only have 1-2 grams of protein and 30-36+ grams of carbs and the silk yogurt has 26 grams of sugar…at least the so delicious brand only has 8 – obviously not a good yogurt replacement in terms of nutritional value. I don’t think I’m asking too much looking when wanting a low sugar, low carb, high protein, non dairy yogurt option…
- I am really hoping the daiya yogurt delivers 🙂 If anyone has any knowledge of the nutritional facts and can share I would really appreciate it! None of the specialty stores in the surrounding Santa Barbara CA area carry it but they did offer to special order it for me, I just want to know what I am getting before I actually do that.